We look forward to vacations all year long. However, coming home to a house that has been broken into can make that summer excursion not worth it at all! It is important to keep your home protected while you are away in order to deter any unwanted guests. Here are some things to think about after you are all packed, and ready to cruise out for your vacation:
- If you have a lawn service, request that they mail your invoice as opposed to taping it to the door. This is a dead giveaway for burglars that no one is home.
- Install lights or motion sensors.
- Leave an mp3 recording of voices on while you are away, and set it near the door. This will fool strangers into thinking you are home.
- Ask your neighbors to keep an eye on your home.
- Install a security system and alert your alarm company that you will be out of town.
- Make sure all your doors are locked. This can be overlooked and provide robbers with easy access to your home.
Your Accurate Insurance team hopes you have a summer full of safe, and fun vacations! For any insurance inquires please contact Accurate Insurance, located in Spokane!