Car care tips to keep your vehicle purring through fall and winter!
The Washington winter brings rain, snow, sleet, and possible subzero temperatures. With this in hand, it is no surprise that leaving your car out in this weather can cause some serious damage and put it under strain.
Complete these 10 car maintenance tasks before the cold snap hits so that you have safe (and reliable) winter transport:
1. Get the engine check for performance and drivability problems.
2. Replace dirty filters such as air, fuel, and PVC.
3. Add a bottle of fuel deicer in your tank once the temperature drops.
4. Change your oil and oil filter.
5. Check that the heater and defroster are in good working condition.
6. Replace wiper blades regularly.
7. Have your battery checked! This is usually the first to suffer in the cooler weather.
8. Inspect all lights and bulbs to ensure that they are clean and working.
9. Examine tires for tread life and consider purchasing a new pair to keep your grip on ice and snow.
10. Always carry an emergency kit with you!
If you have ever found yourself stranded because your battery died or have slid on black ice into a fence, you will be aware how imperative it is that a car’s health is in tip-top condition before winter! While you can prevent your car from failing over winter, ensure that you have the protection to see you through! Contact Accurate Insurance Inc. in Spokane, WA for an auto insurance policy customized for you!