Your new teen driver is thrilled to finally be getting their license but all you are thinking about is the potential accidents or mishaps that could happen while they are behind the wheel. As a parent, it is your responsibility to make sure that your child is prepared to safely be on the road with other drivers. Here are some tips to help you instill safe driving habits and keep your teen driver protected while they are on the road.
- Lead your child by example and make sure you are not distracted and driving recklessly while they are in the car. If you expect your teen driver to take anything you say about driving seriously, drive safely and follow all the rules of the road.
- When your teen is driving make sure they are aware of how hazardous distractions can be to their safety. If they have the radio on, it should not be too loud and make sure they are not texting or making calls on their phone while they are behind the wheel.
- Different road and weather conditions happen, and when they do, you want your child to be ready. Prepare your new driver for different conditions they may face on the road and let them know how to react to different weather conditions.
- Stressing out while your teen is behind the wheel will only make things worse. Sit back, relax, and be patient when your teen makes a mistake on the road.
- Make sure you schedule plenty of time to spend practicing with your new teen driver. More practice means they will be more prepared for when they actually begin to drive on their own.
Accurate Insurance Inc. would like to congratulate you on this momentous occasion and can help you find the right auto insurance to keep your new teen driver as safe as possible on the road. We have over 50 years of experience and work with multiple insurance providers to find the right insurance for the right price. Contact us today to get started with a free quote.