Unwanted water coming into a home can cause a huge problem for homeowners. While damage done by a flood will not be covered by a homeowner’s insurance policy, water damage that starts inside your home most likely will be. Whatever the cause of the water, it is important to take care of the problem as soon as possible to stop any dangerous mold from growing. Keep these tips in mind to prevent mold in your home.
- Dry any leaks or spills within 48 hours.
- Clean rain gutters frequently.
- If you use a humidifier, make sure to keep the indoor humidity below 60 percent.
- Turn on the bathroom vent or open a window while showering.
- Always vent appliances that produce moisture, such as clothes dryers and stoves.
- Try to avoid wall to wall carpeting.
- Do not store clothing or paper product in humid areas of your home.
- Regularly clean fridge drip pans.
- Make sure that all rain water flows away from the house.
For the most comprehensive homeowner’s insurance policy to ensure that your home is protected in case of water damage, contact Accurate Insurance Inc.