Slash your water bill and maintain Spokane, WA homeowners insurance for home success!
While many homeowners insurance policies cover water damage up to a certain limit, do you know the best way to stop water damage? Prevent it! Yes, preventing water damage has benefits that are two fold: 1) the task of finding leaks and sealing them up will reduces your water intake, thus, reducing your water bill, 2) the likelihood of your home suffering from water damage decreases!
Here are fives steps to make all of this possible:
1. Only maintain plants and trees that do not have invasive roots. For example, weeping willows’ roots often break their way into sprinkler systems or pipes.
2. Clean the rain gutters to remove accumulated leaves. The debris can cause blockages which can send water spilling into your home’s foundation.
3. Be aware of your water bill: if it creeps up unexpectedly, it may be a sign that you have a leak somewhere.
4. As unpleasant as it may be, using a drain snake is more effective than ‘unclogging’ chemicals. The harmful liquids can cause havoc to your pipes!
5. Avoid pouring grease down your sink as it can congeal and cause massive blockages. Instead, wait for it to cool and dispose of it safely.
With these tips you are well on your way to enjoying a lower water bill and a reduced risk of water damage! In addition, review your homeowners insurance to see what coverage you have for water damage. For the most suitable policy for you in Spokane, Washington, contact Accurate Insurance Inc. today!