Steady your Spokane, WA home for the upcoming winter weather!
Now that the fall season is well and truly upon us on Spokane, Washington, it brings the perfect opportunity to prepare your home.
Before the wind and rain take over, take some time to show a little TLC to your home so that it can stay in good condition through winter and beyond!
• Check your roof for any damaged or missing shingles
• Clear your gutters of any debris and leaves
• Drain your exterior faucets so that the water in them does not freeze and burst the pipe
• Clean attic vents and exhaust ducts
• Caulk windows and doors that are drafts
• Tune your furnace, boiler, and water heater
• Hire a professional to sweep and inspect the chimney
• Add insulation to your attic to prevent heat loss
• Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries if needed!
• Store ice melt and snow shovels (you never know in Washington!)
• Review your homeowners insurance
As home insurance is designed to cover the expenses of rebuilding and repair of a home after a natural disaster, fire, or loss, reviewing your coverage before the winter hits is a smart move. Ensure that your policy protects against all risks that Spokane, Washington may face before the year is out. For year-round protection, contact Accurate Insurance Inc. today!