The Affordable Care Act deemed “Obamacare” has changed the way healthcare will proceed in the future. New regulations affect the general population, the way employers offer health insurance to their employees and how insurance companies will operate going forward. Let’s take a look:
- Health insurance is now mandatory or you will face a penalty.
- There are a variety of plans available, increasing competitions in the marketplace.
- Subsidies are available based on income.
- Everyone is eligible, even without an income.
- There is a minimum standard for every plan.
- Individuals can use their employer plan or go with a SHOP.
- Everyone is approved, even with preexisting conditions.
- Preventative care is offered at no cost and contraception is covered.
This new implementation makes it possible for everyone to participate in an insurance plan to maintain or monitor their health. This is a new standard of living, providing options for everyone to take a vested interest in the progression of their health. For more information about insurance changes, contact Accurate Insurance Inc. located in Spokane, Washington.