Delightful Thanksgiving Side Dish: Creamy Brussel Sprouts
If you are still looking for a dish to take to your Thanksgiving potluck, look no further! Try this vegetable dish for a delightful surprise! Although this sprout is the lesser-liked of all the vegetables, when prepared right, Brussel sprouts make a wonderful side dish.
Prepare this dish and you’ll find people are asking for seconds (even the children!)
• 4 slices peppered bacon
• 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through stem end
• ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ¾ cup whipping cream
• cracked black pepper
1. In a 12-inch skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
2. In the skillet, add Brussels sprouts to drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes. Add broth, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cream. Cook 4 minutes more or until thickened.
3. Transfer sprouts to serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cracked pepper.
From all of the team at Accurate Insurance Inc., we hope that you and the family have a joyous Thanksgiving meal! Don’t forget to visit us before the day to secure all of your auto, home, and business insurance needs in Spokane, Washington!